Tuesday, January 03, 2012

I'm In First Gear, Again



It's been a long while between blog updates. Now that December has finally ended and the darkest part of the year has passed; I've restarted my writing engine. A lot happened in the last month of 2011. I moved my friend, The Bear, into a long-term care facility on December 1st. Everything had to be done lickety-splickety [I know that should say lickety-split] , or even faster and thanks to The Viking's help, it all worked out. I was limp toast by the end of the day, but The Bear adjusted easily to the change of location. The staff at his new home are very good with him and I'm extremely thankful for that.

There have been changes within my family too. Life has not been easy for any of us in December, but the New Year can bring with it a fresh approach and renewed hope for a better future.

Yes, I have some New Year's resolutions, but they are too modest to mention in any detail. Mainly, I plan to move forward with my writing projects at whatever speed I can manage, with occasional short side trips and detours. For example; comments on American politics might appear on my blog, if I am able to make them without over-ranting. Also, now that we have GO train service between Kitchener and Toronto, and, now that The Bear is finally settled; I may be able to go out of town for more than a day at a time.

Blessings to all of you for 2012.






2 comments:

Lori Hahnel said...

Hooray for you! I hope now that some things are more settled you can write more. Happy New Year!

Lily Whalen said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere, Diane! I'm sorry to hear December was a difficult month for you, but here's to better days ahead in 2012!