Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tales from Behind the Snow Banks

It's official, Kitchener set a new record for snow. I don't know if it also set a record for accidents, but it would not surprise me if that was the case.

One has to edge out cautiously when accessing the road whether by car, or on foot. My daughter has had accidental guests three times in the last few days because she lives very close to a dangerous intersection. I almost escaped the after-effects of the storm. However, this morning while walking to the bank, I slipped and fell on my tush thanks to some black ice. Only my ego has been damaged, as far as I can tell. I have mended the damage by consuming a chocolate Easter egg. I recommend that solution

My daughter is also the only person I know who wants more snow to fall. I'm doing my best to help her out. I have not seen the long range weather forecast yet, but since I plan to go to Toronto on Tuesday, I'd bet on more snow that day. My record is consistent. It snows every time I get on the bus. So, put your money down now. The odds are excellent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a riot, Diane! I was in Toronto for the last few days, and between last night (Tuesday) and this morning, TO saw another two inches of snow :) I think Kitchener got some, too, seeing as there was snow on our driveway when I got home this afteroon. Your daughter must be happy!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.