Tuesday, October 17, 2006

It's All in the Chair

There's an internet site that features pictures of writers' habitats and I found it rather fascinating. No doubt their offices were spruced up for the photos, but I noticed that while many writers have small desks, some are almost as small as mine, they all seem to have very comfortable writing chairs.

Their chairs bear no resemblance my slipshod office chair. Maybe there's some mystic connection between the chair and the writer. My desk chair is both uncomfortable and uninspiring. It even mocks me by tilting when it sit on it. The adjustment handle has a mind of it's own and the fabric is beginning to come away from the seat. I think I'll demote it and start using one of my wooden kitchen chairs. That'll show it who's boss.

And furthermore, I haven't received any good mail.

It's raining so there's nothing for me to do but to stay in and try the kitchen chair.

Oh, and if you want to see the pictures, here's the link.

http://www.paigecuccaro.com/html/the_cave.html

No comments: